International Orders

Sometimes a parent brings a child to the United States from another country without the other parent’s consent or a court order.  A custody order from another country may be enforced in Arizona and the parent may be ordered to return the child. Depending on the country where the order originated, a parent may bring an action under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction and the International Child Abduction Remedies Act (ICARA).  Many factors are considered by the courts when determining whether or not the original custody order should be enforced or perhaps modified.

These types of cases are complex.  We have experience helping clients with international orders.