Before a parent can relocate a child outside the state of Arizona or relocate more than 100 miles within the state, that parent must provide no less than 60 days written notice to the other parent of his or her intent to relocate the child.  Within 30 days of receiving notice, if the nonmoving parent does not agree to the relocation, the nonmoving parent must petition the court to prevent the relocation. 

Contact us to discuss your options, whether you are contemplating relocation or if you have received notice that your child’s other parent wants to relocate the child (in such cases, you should contact an attorney immediately).